Each of the videos above, are different examples of clay animation, all different and unique in their own way. What I like about Clay animation is, you can do absolutely anything with it, as long as you are able to make the required models.
Clay Animation explanation - Clay animation, is one of the many forms of Stop Motion animation. It is pictures of multiple different still frames, all combined together to form one whole sequence. It is usually made up of ten to twelve frames per second.
Concept Ideas -
.A scene out of a favorite TV show (The Vampire Diaries, Teen Wolf, Lucifer, The Flash, Legends Of Tomorrow, Glee) Or, combine a scene from two of the shows, and recreate it as one scene in a animation
Example - Teen Wolf and The Vampire Diaries. Allison Argents death on Teen Wolf, combined with the collapse of the Other Side on The Vampire Diaries.
. Recreating a scene from a favorite movie, such as Harry Potter or The Fault In Our Stars
. Pingu combined with a death scene ?
. Original idea animation - Circus ? Superhero ?
. Original idea - A circus arena, with a ringmaster and audience. Ringmaster introduces the clown, who straight away attacks him once coming onto the stage. Knocks out the ringmaster, then takes a knife used for a different act, and threatens the audience with it. Audience flees the arena in terror, leaving the clown alone in the arena. He takes the ring masters hat, places on his head, then stares into space for a moment. Trips when walking forward, falling to the ground, laying there without a care.
I have chosen to do the this idea (Idea highlighted in red) as it allows me to be much more creative with the sequence. I will be able to do everything in a certain way, and not have to base it off a certain script, so that it fits the idea it is being based off.
Script -
Scene 1 - Ringmaster stands center of the arena, with an audience stood tot he side watching him, watching him introduce the next act.
Scene 2 - The clown comes out, and everything seems fine. Approaches Ringmaster and punches him, making him fall to the ground out cold.
Scene 3 - Grabs a knife prop from the side, and begins to walk toward a now terrified audience. One by one, they begin to flee the arena, leaving the ringmaster alone with the clown.
Scene 4 - Clown just watches them go, before walking back over to where the ringmaster it laid, taking away his hat and putting it on his own head.
Scene 5 - Walks to the center of the arena, staring into space, falling to the ground silently.
Script -
Scene 1 - Ringmaster stands center of the arena, with an audience stood tot he side watching him, watching him introduce the next act.
Scene 2 - The clown comes out, and everything seems fine. Approaches Ringmaster and punches him, making him fall to the ground out cold.
Scene 3 - Grabs a knife prop from the side, and begins to walk toward a now terrified audience. One by one, they begin to flee the arena, leaving the ringmaster alone with the clown.
Scene 4 - Clown just watches them go, before walking back over to where the ringmaster it laid, taking away his hat and putting it on his own head.
Scene 5 - Walks to the center of the arena, staring into space, falling to the ground silently.
Models and Background -
When creating the models, I have researched into other peoples creations, to get a idea of how to make them seem realistic. To do the sequence, I need to create five different models in total. The clown, ringmaster and three audience members. Here are pictures of all of the models, after I finished creating them.
To design these models, are researched different designs online, to see what other have done when creating models like these. I based the designs off of all the examples I found, using blue, black, white, yellow, red and green colored modelling clay. I also made the props using the same clay, but mixed some of the colors together, to get a different color or a lighter shade of the color. The props, were made to make it all seem more realistic, like it was a real circus.
This is what I chose to use for my background. I picked this as it fits the theme of the animation, and looked the best fit with the models.
My Animation Sequence;
My animation sequence, does follow the script and idea that I had planned for it, though could of been done better. The camera was put at a low angle, as to make sure I only got eh background and models in, not any of the other surroundings. The lighting is very dim, but helps give a dim and suspense filled aspect to the animation.
In the background, I put generic circus music to play, as it fits the theme and makes sense. The piece should appeal to a older target audience, those that like the idea of clowns and circuses, due to the humor within it. I should appeal to children and teenagers, maybe even some younger adults.
Music - Here is the link to the music that I used with the animation.



No comments:
Post a Comment